WHAT TO EXPECT
L - Learning - You will learn practical truths from God's Word through doctrinally sound curriculum in an informal and loving atmosphere. You will also learn from excellent Bible teachers who will teach you how to apply those practical truths in your life. You will also be provided with a helpful and user-friendly handout to prepare your heart for the lesson each week.
I - Involvement - We encourage you to ask questions when you need to, and participate in the discussion, if you like. We value your input. But, if you don't want to, you don't have to speak. You can rest assured that our teachers will respect that, and you will never have to read anything, find anything, or quote anything, if you don't want to. L.I.F.E. Groups are also an outlet for you to exercise your gifts and abilities as a Substitute Teacher, Activities Director, Care Giver, Prayer Leader, Greeter, Secretary, etc.
F - Friendship - You will meet a lot of friendly people who will make you feel right at home. You will also build Godly relationships with other Christians. We all need that. This is crucial to our spiritual growth. L.I.F.E. Groups give you the opportunity to develop friendships with people that can last a lifetime. You will be surprised at how quickly your L.I.F.E. Group becomes like family.
E - Encouragement - is what Christians do for each other. When times are good, the joy is doubled. When times are bad, the burden is shared with a church family that cares.
1. Jesus clearly stated that He came, "to seek and to save that which was lost."Luke 19:10
2. Paul reiterated this point and said "that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners…" 1 Timothy 1:15
3. Every person is a sinner that is separated from God by wicked works, but can be reconciled to God through the payment that Jesus Christ made on the cross for
sin. Colossians 1:21-22
4. How will be people hear the message of Christ's payment for sin and His glorious resurrection?
Will Christ speak it to them?
• Christ has ascended into heaven and Paul said, "Though we have known
Christ after the flesh, “yet now henceforth know we him no more."2 Corinthians 5:16
5. God has given to us (the local church) the ministry of reconciliation. We are ambassadors for Christ. We represent Him on this earth to those who are lost and need Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:18-20
6. Part of our mission is to proclaim the gospel of Christ here,there and the entire world. We must constantly think and strategize how we can more effectively get the message of Christ out to the lost.
1 Thessalonians 1:8
Mathew 28:19-20 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations(Make Disciples), baptizing them... and Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
# 2 - Grow the Saved
1. After people trust Christ, they are spiritually alive. Their dead spirit within is now quickened and indwelt by God's Holy Spirit. Ephesians 2:1, 1:13
• Illustration: What is a baby's greatest need in the first 24 hours after birth? Food, nourishment.
2. A new Christian's greatest need is to immediately get food and nourishment for his/her inner man. Where does that come from? It comes from God's Word.
1 Peter 2:2
3. After people trust Christ, Satan would love to see them destroyed immediately. The way we defend ourselves against Satan is through God's Word, therefore it is essential that the new believer immediately start growing through the food of God's Word. Ephesians 4:14-15, 6:17
4. The Thessalonians came from a pagan background with little or no knowledge of God's Word. After salvation, notice what Paul did.
1 Thessalonians 2:11-13
1.Salvation 2. Church 3.Worship