1. Jesus clearly stated that He came, "to seek and to save that which was lost."Luke 19:10
2. Paul reiterated this point and said "that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners…"1 Timothy 1:15
3. Every person is a sinner that is separated from God by wicked works, but can be reconciled to God through the payment that Jesus Christ made on the cross for sin. Colossians 1:21-22
4. How will be people hear the message of Christ's payment for sin and His glorious resurrection?
Will Christ speak it to them?
• Christ has ascended into heaven and Paul said, "Though we have known Christ after the flesh, "yet now henceforth know we him no more."2 Corinthians 5:16
5. God has given to us (the local church) the ministry of reconciliation. We are ambassadors for Christ. We represent Him on this earth to those who are lost and need Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:18-20
6. Part of our mission is to proclaim the gospel of Christ here,there and the entire world. We must constantly think and strategize how we can more effectively get the message of Christ out to the lost. 1 Thessalonians 1:8
# 2 - Grow the Saved
1. After people trust Christ, they are spiritually alive. Their dead spirit within is now quickened and indwelt by God's Holy Spirit. Ephesians 2:1, 1:13
• Illustration: What is a baby's greatest need in the first 24 hours after birth? Food,nourishment.
2. A new Christian's greatest need is to immediately get food and nourishment for his/her inner man. Where does that come from? It comes from God's Word. 1 Peter 2:2
3. After people trust Christ, Satan would love to see them destroyed immediately. The way we defend ourselves against Satan is through God's Word, therefore it is essential that the new believer immediately start growing through the food of God's Word. Ephesians 4:14-15, 6:17
4. The Thessalonians came from a pagan background with little or no knowledge of God's Word. After salvation, notice what Paul did. 1 Thessalonians 2:11-13